Preterm labor & premature birth
Even if you do everything right during pregnancy, you can still have preterm labor and premature birth. Preterm labor is labor that starts too early, before 37 weeks of pregnancy.
Premature babies may have more health problems or need to stay in the hospital longer than babies born on time. Some of these babies also face long-term health effects, like problems that affect the brain, lungs, hearing or vision.
In This Topic
- Long-term health effects of premature birth
- Low birthweight
- Premature babies
- Preterm labor and premature birth: Are you at risk?
- Progesterone treatment to help prevent premature birth
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Signs and symptoms of preterm labor
- Signs and symptoms of preterm labor infographic
- Treatments for preterm labor